Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cycle outfit object 1: socks



Last week had it's high points. I finished some socks. They're (more or less) Gentleman's Sock for Evening Wear(ribbing, length, shaping and stitch counts changed) and Evening Stockings for a Young Lady from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. They're knit in Wollmeise 100% Merino Superwash.


They're destined to become part of my winter woollen cycling costume, except ... I don't like them that much. I'm not sure if it's because Wollmeise (amd this was my first experience of it, and I was quite excited) is not the most fun too kniw - it feels stringy, which I am not a fan of, or if it's the colour. I will admit, it's a beautiful colour, but ... not sure if it's me.

The thing is  ... I expressed this thought to a friend whilst I was knitting them, and she looked at me oddly.
Your scarf. It's exactly the same colour.
Oh.
And when I was going out the next day, I pulled out a different neck thing ... same colour.

So it's back to the Goldilock Vest for my friend M (it's too big. It's too small. GAHHH).

No comments:

Post a Comment